November 13 – 18, 2022
Native Organizers Alliance is excited to announce that applications will be accepted soon for the second 2022 National Native Community Organizing Training in November!
Our national training is rooted in Indigenous values and traditional knowledge, framed in a way that will help to sharpen the skills needed in create effective grassroots movements today.
Applicants will join Native leaders and organizers from across Indian Country for a week of skill-building, connection, and learning.
Watch this space for more information and the application announcement.
The seven-day (five full days, two half/travel days) agenda includes:
- Practices and history of Native community organizing
- Spiritually directed Native power building for social change
- Designing Native community grassroots campaigns
Who should apply?
We encourage the following to apply:
- Native leaders from reservations, rural, or urban communities;
- Native community organizers
- The staff of Native nonprofits and Tribal entities.
Applications for the May cohort were due by 11:59 p.m EST, April 15, 2022.
The cost of housing, transportation, and most meals are covered by the Native Organizers Alliance. Participants are responsible for additional costs. Organizations, tribal governments, groups, or individuals who can contribute to defraying the costs of this training will provide the opportunity to go beyond 20 participants.
Space is limited and unfortunately, not all applicants will be accepted.