Native Organizers Alliance is excited to announce that applications are now open for our June 2023 National Native Community Organizing Training.
Our annual national training is rooted in Indigenous values and traditional knowledge, framed in a way that will help to sharpen the skills needed in creating effective grassroots movements today.
Apply today and join Native leaders and organizers from across Indian Country for a week of skill-building, connection, and learning from June 11-17, 2023 in Federal Way, Washington.
The seven-day (five full days, two half/travel days) agenda includes:
- Practices and history of Native community organizing
- Spiritually directed Native power building for social change
- Designing Native community grassroots campaigns
We encourage the following to apply:
- Native leaders from reservations, rural, or urban communities;
- Native community organizers
- The staff of Native nonprofits and Tribal entities.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m EST, May 03, 2023.
The cost of housing, transportation, and most meals are covered by the Native Organizers Alliance. Participants are responsible for additional costs. Organizations, tribal governments, groups, or individuals who can contribute to defraying the costs of this training will provide the opportunity to go beyond 20 participants.
Space is limited and unfortunately, not all applicants will be accepted. Acceptance emails will be sent on May 05, 2023.